Thursday, August 25, 2011

At Home Spa Treatment





  
I’ve been busy doing some of the inspiring projects I’ve seen on Pinterest.com and I’ll post some of my favorites that I’ve actually tried. After all, what good is inspiration without motivation?  Today it’s an easy do-it-yourself spa treatment…Lemon Sugar Scrub.  This isn’t something new in beauty treatments. The ancient Egyptians used olive oil and other botanicals as beauty treatments thousands of years ago. So, in a way, I guess this is truly a vintage beauty treatment. It is tried and true. All the more reason to mix up a batch of sugar scrub and treat your tired feet and hands to moisture rich luxury that months of hand sanitizing and flip flops have deprived them of.

Lemon Sugar Scrub
1 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
2 ½ cups sugar
4 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice (or essential oil of choice) I used juice of 1 lemon plus a little lemon zest.

Mix thoroughly and store in jars with air tight lids. This will make about a pint. The sugar will settle over time, just stir to reconstitute.  Rub on hands and feet and rinse with warm water. Ahhhh, soft as a baby’s…..


No comments:

Post a Comment