Saturday, April 23, 2011

Luscious Lemon Cupcake



This is my favorite new cupcake. I was quickly shopping for cupcakes for my son’s school Easter party and found these delightful looking cupcakes at my local Wal-Mart bakery. I was not disappointed. This is a lemon cake with lemon buttercream frosting and lemon drop candies sprinkled on top for a garnish! Yummy! Light as air, sweet, tart, melt-in-your mouth delicious.  As I’ve already confessed these little minis were store-bought but it would be so easy to replicate and probably even more tasty. Imagine a lemon box mix with a little fresh lemon zest added. Homemade buttercream frosting with lemon flavoring and a little zing of lemon zest and of course the lemon drop candy sprinkles. Oooh, what if you added a lemon curd filling inside? Fabulous! I am so going to make these myself. After we eat all the store-bought ones of course.

1 comment: