Thursday, April 21, 2011

Spring Clean


I'm not sure why I chose this week to spring clean the house. I printed off my checklist and have been going room by room all week. I'm not talking about just cleaning surfaces that you can see. This is the kind of house cleaning that makes you wake up the next morning so sore you find muscles you've never used before. The kind of cleaning that has you moving furniture and appliances and digging through couch cushions like a crazy person with a vacuum. Finally, as you check the last thing off and it's all finally done you take a deep breath of lemon clean air and watch in horror as your child spills milk all over the kitchen floor.


It reminds me of what Jesus said about our dirt people lives. There is never enough self cleaning we can do to make ourselves acceptable to God. Never enough good works, prayers of confession, sacrifices made. "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23)" God requires us to be a living sacrifice by admitting that we are sinners, confessing our sin to Him, and believing Christ died to forgive our sins and rose again in three days just as He said he would, forever conquering death, hell and the grave.  Glorious Savior!  He is mighty! Our son, William believed this week that he needed Jesus in his heart and invited him to create a clean heart in him. Oh the joy of salvation! "I have no greater JOY than to hear that my children walk in truth." 3 John 4  You can be sure we will be celebrating new life this coming Resurrection Sunday! 


"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me." Psalm 51:10



No comments:

Post a Comment