Monday, October 7, 2013

Our baby lost his first tooth!

October 6, 2013

Well after a busy Sunday we were just out for a little walk with the family through the "neighborhood" at the apartments where we are currently living, when I hear a crying scream, "Mom, I lost my tooth!" I turn around to see my almost 6 year old picking his tooth up off the pavement holding a rubber ball with slobber and blood on it. I said what happened and through the tears he managed to tell me he put the ball in his mouth and his tooth just popped out! We didn't even know it was loose so this was completely unexpected. We took a quick detour to the gym to get some water and paper towels and he was fine. Dad on the other hand was a bit queasy from seeing the blood. Then he cried all the way home, "I want my tooth in!" I trying to be compassionate and hold his hand, but I was laughing so hard at the absurdity of it all I could barely breathe. Here we are with a crying 5 year old holding his mouth just like in the picture above trying to talk and cry about wanting his tooth put back in, Dad not able to even look at him because of the blood, and his older brother trying to reason with him that loosing a tooth is a completely natural part of getting older and its a good thing because you get money. I was just thankful I was there to experience it, and that my baby lost his first tooth without me having to pull it!

No comments:

Post a Comment