Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Treasures

This is what I saw when I looked out on the porch after my three-year-old son had been on a "treasure hunt" in our back yard.  These are all things he wants to add to his collection of treasures. It made me think about the difference between what he treasures and what I treasure. 


I love this new song by Josh Wilson called "I Refuse". It is played on KLOVE all the time and its the kind of song that stays with you after you hear it. Here are some of the lyrics....


Sometimes I, 
I just want to close my eyes
And act like everyone’s alright 
When I know they’re not.
This world needs God
But it’s easier to stand and watch. 
I could pray a prayer and just move on
Like nothing’s wrong.

But I refuse.
‘Cause I don’t want to live like I don’t care.
I don’t want to say another empty prayer.
I refuse to
Sit around and wait for someone else
To do what God has called me to do myself.
I could choose
Not to move but I refuse.


The line that convicts me the most is "I refuse to sit around and wait for someone else to do what God has called me to do myself." There is such need in our world! I see it in my own community in the poverty of the people. Not only financial poverty but also spiritual poverty. People just don't know there's hope in Christ Jesus! I want to live so that others can see the hope of Jesus in me.  Lord, what would You have me do today to share that hope with someone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment