Monday, August 25, 2014

A Life Well Lived

December 1912 - August 2014
This past weekend, my Great Aunt Louise Lacy went to be with the Lord at age 101. 
She was a sweet and generous woman. She lived most of her life just down the street from my family. I remember her most for her famous sourdough bread she baked every week and mostly gave away to the sick and elderly. She also loved to make quilts. I remember she and my grandmother working on quilts together. She was a strong and brave Christian woman whose faith sustained her through many trials. She was a teacher with a love for sharing knowledge on many subjects and whose stories delighted several generations of children and grandchildren. She will be lovingly remembered. I'm grateful she woke up with Jesus Saturday Morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment