Tuesday, March 27, 2012

When I grow up....

When I was little I always said I wanted to be a ballerina when I grew up. I dreamed of having beautiful costumes and dancing on stage as gracefully as the Sugar Plum Fairy in the Nutcracker. Now, that makes me laugh because if you know me, you know I am not the most graceful or coordinated person. I trip over my own two feet. I forget what I was going to say in a matter of minutes with my terrible memory, and I get stage fright.

 

Now I am playing a new role - mom to boys! Two totally adorable little boys who like to play in the dirt and go exploring to catch lizards and look at snakes.  Boys who (like men) think bathroom sounds are the funniest thing on the planet. They like to play super heroes, war guys, space explorers, and go on endless imaginary adventures to save the planet.


Yes, for me, I think this might be the role of a lifetime. I have the opportunity to watch these boys grow up and train them in the ways of the Lord. I get to teach them, nurture them, care for them, provide for them. So whereas I've traded my tutus for aprons, I still feel like I'm in this magical ballet of cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, carpool line, preschool, and all the thousands of other things moms get to do. Like the picture to the left trying to achieve balance between the apple in one hand and the candy bar in the other. When I feel like none of it matters and under appreciated because I feel like there's no audience with standing ovation for a performance well done, I remember God is watching over me. I am performing for Him, and I want nothing more than to walk worthy of the Lord now (Colossians 1:9-10) so that one day I can hear Him say, "Well done my child".

Rest in faith my friends. Know that God cares about you and He is watching over you. Rest in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment