Monday, June 20, 2011

A Joyful Sight


The boys and I worked on an outside project in the summer heat today. We made these beautiful planters and attached them to the fence posts. It's just simple mason jars and annual flowers but the view from my kitchen window makes this project every bit worthwhile. It's like seeing a fresh bouquet of flowers every time I look outside. What a welcoming sight against such an otherwise boring view of a fence. Thanks for the idea A Feathered Nest blog. Yours look much more chic with raffia but in the ultra humid south I thought it would get nasty in a day or two so I just opted for plain cable ties. Even still, something about seeing fresh flowers reminds me of the scripture, "Consider the lilies, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God  so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow thrown  into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith?" Luke 12:27-28. The Lord will provide for His children, for He is gracious.

No comments:

Post a Comment